A major part of the work that I do online involves a framework called Drupal. It’s a free and open source project that’s been around since 2001, and is now used by over a million websites. Some of the most high profile Drupal websites are: BBC Store, Royal Mail, London.gov.uk, Grammy awards, Greenpeace, Oxfam, MTV UK, Weather.com, NASA and The Whitehouse to name but a few. Drupal can provide you with as simple, or complex a website as your requirements dictate.
With many years experience, I can offer the following Drupal services:
- Website creation and installation onto a server.
- Hosting, backups and application of security updates, whether on your server or one of mine.
- Drupal site adjustments / configuration, such as adding additional functionality / modules.
- Custom module development if a desired functionality can’t be achieved via contributed modules.
- Staff training on how to use / administer a Drupal site
Drupal at its core is a Content Management System (CMS). It allows any user with the appropriate access permissions to login and manage their website. The first benefit to you is that you’ll be able to log-in and update pages when required, create new pages, delete stuff that’s out of date. Essentially it allows non-technical content authors and site administrators to manage and update the website. You’ll only need a developer like me if you wish to add some new feature to the site that’s substantially different to what the website is currently capable of doing.
If you’d like to discuss how I can assist you with any Drupal related matters please get in touch using the contact form.